Date:
Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:04:53 -0700
The hormone aldosterone is part of the sodium/potassium regulation
system and having low normal aldosterone, a not uncommon problem, would
result in faster than normal sodium excretion and would make you feel
quite bad on a low sodium diet.  In fact, a high sodium diet would be
recommended in this case.  This might be the reason that only 1/3 of
people are salt sensitive, because their aldosterone is on the high
normal side.  People with low to low normal aldosterone often have very
strong salt cravings.  Their blood sodium and potassium often test in
the lower half of the lab reference range.

Steve