From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:33:38 EDT
In a message dated 10/29/2004 8:22:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Potatoes  were also
once very small, almost the size of peas but they were more  poisonous and
more unedible than moderna ones. Indians improved them (and  tomatoes) by
breeding and they became more edible to us but also to  parasites. We're a
bit cornered there, either we have natural plants that  are poisonous or we
have improved (strange word!) ones that we have to  protect with poison.

Maybe "nature" was trying to tell us something.   JerrySteg