From:
maxfatburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 14:50:47 -0700
Date:    Sun, 28 Jun 1998 15:14:49 -0400
From:    Dean Esmay <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: New lowcarb-friendly non-profit

I and some other people are working on starting a non-profit organization
dedicated to expanding public awareness of the efficacy of high-protein,
carbohydrate-moderated diets, of increasing awareness of research which
questions reigning dietary dogmata, and which (with any luck) will in the
future actually help fund research.

The foundation's principles will less be that low-carb diets are the only
healthy form of diet, so much as that they are natural and healthy (and
possibly genetically required) for a great many people who are now having
problems because their bodies need something other than what they're being
told they need.

It will be a non-profit corporation, and at some point in the fairly near
future we will be inviting people to join and soliciting funds.  Plan is for
a web page, a newsletter, and more as we can afford it.

We have the support of Dr's Mary Dan and Michael Eades (Protein Power), who
will be donating some funds to help us get started. They will also be on our
advisory board.
Also on the advisory board will be several other physicians and other health
professionals, to be named later.  (Any degreed professionals who would like
to be on our advisory board should contact me by email at

Right now, in order to get started, we need a small bit of help.  We already
have server space for the web, a qualified writer, an advisory board, and a
small amount of startup funds. What we are in need of at the moment are two
things:

1) A fairly experienced web developer who is willing to volunteer to put
together and maintain the web pages for the organization. This might or might
not eventually turn into a paying position, but it'll likely be all-volunteer
for a while in any case. Volunteers for this position should write to me at

2) Suggestions for a name.  We need something along the lines of Human
Nutritional Research or something like that, but we'd like it to be something
unique that helps make the non-profit organiziation stand out and be
well-remembered.

Suggestions for this should be emailed to Charles Hunt at

I would also like to ask that someone do us the kindness of distributing this
announcement to any of the other low-carb related lists, but I would also
like to ask that it NOT be distributed on the Usenet, where it will just be
flame-bait.

Thanks for your time.
  -=-

 The mind is not a vessel to be filled.  It's fire to be lit. - Plutarch

End of LOWCARB Digest - 27 Jun 1998 to 28 Jun 1998 (#1998-84)