From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:57:50 -0600
>  >The graph I used, which I can no longer get to since the page has
>  >apparently been deleted, showed lactose intolerance to be lowest in the
>  >U.S., Northern Europe, and Australia (something like 10-20% of the
>  >population), and highest in China and among Native Americans (90%+). In
>  >fact, in a few really isolated areas, it was near 100%.
>
> No graph, but is this the data?
>
> http://wsrv.clas.virginia.edu/~rjh9u/lacdata.html

Thanks Don. That looks very much like the data from the graph I was
viewing. The graph, though, broke it out into a little more detail. For
instance, I recall China was split up into several regions with different
levels of intolerance. I will, however, replace my no-longer-functioning
bookmark with this one.

I also embarrassingly reported a low incidence of lactose intolerance in
the U.S. I should have said "among Caucasians in the U.S.". Sorry 'bout
that.