From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:15:24 -0600
>The Beyond Vegetarianism website says they explain how our race has
>adapted somewhat to this starchy diet.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my post, but, OK, I'll bite. What
does it say? My visits to beyondveg.com revealed the exact opposite - that
we have *not* adapted very much to grains (I assume that's what you meant
by "startchy diet"). To which page within the site are you referring?

>That's just the point - mesolithic is another time period that
paleolithic,
>namely after agriculture had begun

The Mesolithic (Middle Stone Age, 11,000 - 9,000 BC) is considered to be
the "end" of the paleolithic, transitioning into the "beginning" of the
neolithic (New Stone Age). A "bridge" era, if you will. The Natufian
culture would be an example. http://whyfiles.org/122ancient_ag/2.html

Humans were still hunting and gathering, but experimenting with these
new-fangled ideas of plant cultivation and animal husbandry. However, I
would not put the foods they might have grown into the same class as what
we consider more "modern" neolithic agriculture. That's why I would
classify the mesolithic diet as something that would fall somewhere between
strict paleo and neolithic - something more in line with the Weston Price
diet.