From:
Ken O'Neill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:21:35 -0600
Perhaps as an aside paragraph, but that's it. Eliade did a whole book on the
return to a golden age mytheme. However,  persistence and inflection of a
mytheme throughout the world has little bearing on analysis and
deconstruction of contemporary discourse with original development only a
scant several centuries ago. Without some disciplined, critical thinking,
discussions go all over the place reminding one of the clang associations
exhibited by certain schizophrenics. That's why we stay on topic to refine
discourse on a specific issue - otherwise chaotic distraction dilutes it.

A more robust analysis would introduce the general theme as you have below,
the look to recent immense development of that idea among European
intellectuals proudly if not arrogantly deeming themselves The
Enlightenment!

Goeff writes: " Of course it is of interest. Such data points to the obvious