Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:30:15 PDT
>Yes, it is good to feed kids mostly nutritious food, but you are going to
>create an alienated sociopath if you dont permit the child to have
>brownies,
>chips, etc when he goes to parties or is in the company of other
>children.
>-Thomas

Besides, unless you're with your kids 24/7, it is hard to have total control
on their eating.
When the child will be old enough to eat alone in school cafeterias and
such, he'll be very likely to take the same foods more or less then his
friends (unless parents prepare lunches each morning, which isn't a great
idea when the kid's 14 years old, because it's time for  self-reliance
someday!). There's not a lot of choice in cafeterias!
I say paleo all the time at home, but some leeway elsewhere.

It's important to avoid becoming a paleo nazi. It's the best way to make
sure your kids don't 'rebel' and become junk food maniacs!

Face it, it's much easier to be paleo when you buy your own foods and make
your own meal decisions.

Nancy

Nancy Carreiro Professional Illustrator
http://www.colba.net/~medusa/index.html