From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 00:02:39 +0100
On Oct 22, 2004, at 7:12 am, Keith Thomas wrote:
> Casein is a protein component found in dairy produce, which is also
> linked
> to damage to the intestinal lining in some sensitive people.

Keith,

Sorry to change the subject right after your post, but this has brought
up something that interests me.  I am milk intolerant, and I suspect
milk has been wearing away my insides for about 10 years (before age
11, I noticed no side effects from drinking milk).  Every time I read
something about vitamin or minerals I realise (without making it sound
psychosomatic) I have the symptoms of mild deficiencies, despite a
nutritious diet.  The most acute one is my poor sense of smell (zinc
deficiency).  I also suspect I absorb B-vitamins poorly.

Is anyone aware of a connection between food intolerance and poor
nutrient absorption?  I've been off milk since at least March (and
haven't had a picolitre since I moved out and my mum hasn't been able
to sneak any into my food), but most of my symptoms remain.  It's
getting frustrating now.

Ashley