From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 1999 21:50:38 -0600
You can make pemmican out of the jerky: this makes a complete little
meal.  Equal parts dried meat and lard or suet, plus 1/2 part dried berries
or currants.  Mix well.  Keeps well without refrigeration for a long time.
(at least 4 weeks).

Raw nuts and dry unsweetened coconut make great snacks or light
breakfasts.   You could also make up a batch of deviled eggs for
breakfast on the run.  Certainly will keep for a couple of hours without
refrigeration.

Lunches: you can bring a big bowl of organic salad greens, a can of
olive-oil packed sardines or smoked oysters or 3-4 oz of some kind
of meat that you like.  Instead of salad greens, you can make a selection
of raw veggies: daikon, a little carrot, asparagus, celery, green pepper, or
whatever you like.

Or make some paleo soup (from chicken, lamb,
beef, etc.); this you will have to keep refrigerated and warm up at work.

I take my lunch to work every day; in a pinch I could eat at the cafeteria
by getting a bowl of salad and some deli meat, but the quality of what I
bring is much higher.  People comment on how beautiful and healthy the
salads look.  I never feel deprived.

Good luck!

Lynnet