From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:37:59 -0400
On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Trish Tipton wrote:

> In Anchell's book,
> it states any kind of sweetener will slow down weightloss. He also states
> he does not know why.  In theory alone, I think it is due to a trickery
> of the body.  If the body TASTES  something sweet, insulin is released.

Anchell does state that any kind of sweetener slows weight loss,
but I can't confirm this.  At some point I began making "stevia
lemonade," at the suggestion of someone on this list.  Although
my weight loss is slow now anyway, the use of stevia doesn't seem
to have affected it.

Incidentally, research has failed to confirm the Pavlovian theory
that the taste of sweetness causes a conditioned insulin
response.  But maybe there is some other mechanism by which
sweeteners interfere with weight loss, at least for some people.

Todd Moody