From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 1999 13:26:34 -0600
spitze wrote:

> Is anyone using vitamins/minerals?  I take potassium and multiple. Someone
> said they use some of the herbal diet products such as Twin Labs sells,
> Anyone w/experience w/these? Shari

I'm still taking substantial vitamins/minerals.  TwinLab TriBoron Plus: 6
capsules with 1500 mg calcium, 750 mg magnesium, plus cofactors.  Vit E 400
mg,
Folic acid 800 mcg, one tablet of a two-a-day multiple vitamin (ie half dose);
bilberry (for eyes); black cohosh (for menopause).  I've been taking CoQ10,
which I'm dropping, since I have so much more energy on lo-carb paleo WOE that
I don't think I need it. When I went on my spring "cleanse" with veg only raw,
and small amounts of plainly cooked fish/poultry (no salt) I took a little
potassium to counter diuresis.

I know paleo people had no vitamin pills, but they were eating wild plants far
richer in vitamins and minerals than our domesticated produce (even
organically raised).

I don't know about the TwinLab products but many of the herbal "diet products"
contain heavy herbal diuretics, so the "weight" comes off, but it's only water
(e.g. uva ursi).  You should check for this.  Avoid *anything* with ma huang
in it, unless you're treating asthma.

Lynnet B