From:
Phil Genova <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:26:18 -0400
Hi Valerie:

First, let me say that when I began a paleodiet, I was attracted to more
fried foods initially because I wasn't eating enough fat.  I was still
clinging on to the Food Pyramid scare concerning saturated fat.  When I
let go of that mindset, and cultivated my own instinctual stop of sorts
with regards to fat, I found certain deep fried, overly greasy foods
unappealing.  So, the more fatty lamb, eggs, avocadoes and homemade
mayonnaise and nuts I ate, the "cleaner" I seemed to like my foods.
Very simple preparation became more palatable.  Now, if I go to a
Chinese restaurant, and get even their version of lightly sauteed
greens, I always have a nice zit on my cheek the next morning.  Yet, I
can sit with a jar of raw almond butter, or a plate of lamb ribs  and
devour  with no problem or ill effects!  Also, I eat a lot of wild game,
and I can go to town on venison steaks, but have a real clear
instinctual stop with grain fed meat.  My body seems to communicate much
quicker and clearly now.  I also find that raw fat is definately more to
my liking.  Even raw eggs in a blender drink over cooked, for example.
It all depends on weather, mood, etc.

So, maybe try blanching your cauliflower, and serving the flowerettes
with a guacomole dip, or maybe some horseradish mayonnaise made with
extra virgin olive oil.  YUM!

Or don't listen to anyone but yourself, and go with your gut feeling and
cravings.

Cheers!

Judy Genova, cavegirl