From:
tsayonah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 16:12:46 -0500
Theola Walden Baker wrote:
>  I'm
> not sure why I had a lack of problems other than possibly because I'd had no
> grains at all for 3+ months and my system was able to tolerate the amounts I
> ate.  Is this likely the answer?

This would agree with my own experience with beef.  When I
went paleo, I am sure I had a lot of gut damage.  Celiac
intolerances lead to such damage which in turn makes for
"leaky gut syndrome" which brings on allergies.....  I went
non gluten about Mar 1 and continued to have all sorts of
troubles.  In May I went paleo and still had some trouble.
Used elimination to find the specific offenders and beef was
one.  Went off beef and went to the HFS for advice.  Got a
bunch of assorted supplements that were said to help repair
damaged gut; can't remember all just now but know I did a
yeast cleanse, took massive probiotics, raw cabbage juice
etc for about 6 weeks.  Remained off beef until a couple
weeks ago and then tried a test meal which went just fine.
Have added it back into the general foods list but am going
lightly and watching closely for recurrence of problems.  So
far things are ok.  So I'm thinking maybe the accumulated
damage just had to heal?  And maybe that is the same with
grains for others?
--
   Elisi Tsayonah, AniWodi, ghigau,
   St Francis River Band of Cherokee