From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 14:05:34 -0400
On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Trish Tipton wrote:

>  OK experts, my friend sent me this and asked if it was ok to take,  I
> told her to ask a Dr. but of course I know she wont. I told her I would
> not take something that prevented my body from absorbing it, sounds
> weird, but what do you all think? And of course I told her its easier to
> just not eat that kind of junk food.
> Thanks

I think you gave her the right answer.

On the other hand, I suppose one could argue that for the
low-carb dieter who wants to fall off the wagon occasionally, a
product such as this could help to minimize the consequences.  I
try to avoid a rigorist approach to these things.  So, for
example, if I were invited to a dinner where there would be many
carb-rich forbidden foods served, and I didn't feel like fighting
temptation all evening, I guess it would be better to use Carb
Cutter than to absorb all the carbs.

As for regular use of a product like this, I think there are good
reasons not to.  The main one is that the undigested carbs have
to pass through the large intestine, which does not really expect
to have them present.  Once in a while I don't suppose this is a
problem, but a continuous presence of undigested carbs there
might well cause an unhealthy growth of the wrong kind of flora.

Todd Moody