From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 08:07:37 -0400
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> Thanks for your references, i already read them. I understand the complicated
> explanations as primaryly important for already autoimune disordered.
> I also wonder how much of this applies, if the proteins are cooked
> (proteins change..) or if they are fermented ("sour dough").

It varies.  Some lectins are very heat-resistant and even
resistant to acids in the stomach (or the acids formed during
fermentation).

> I'd for example prefer an ancient organic spelt meal over
> a gene manipulated  tomatoe with xyz-bizides...

But spelt is still wheat, and still contains the WGA lectin,
although in lesser amounts.  This lectin is believed to
contribute to insulin resistance by molecular mimicry.  The WGA
lectin binds directly to gastrin-secreting stomach cells, which
causes a diminution of stomach acid levels.  The insulin-mimicry
effect is also found with corn agglutinin.

> I also found that large meat consumptions almost enforce _white_ grain
> /sugar/alcohol consumption. Because of the caloric deficit they have.
> You have to get them from somewhere. From saturated fats of farmed animals,
> from saturated dairy fats, from sugars, from alcohol.... where from else...

I don't get this at all.  You can as easily get the calories from
nuts, vegetables, or fruits.  Pemmican gets them from kidney
fats.  This is a strategy that would be developed in a habitat
were plant-based sources of calories are scarce, but it is hardly
the only strategy.

Todd Moody