From:
Kim McKay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 12:27:51 -0600
Hi, I have been lurking for awhile, and I thought I would introduce
myself.  My name is Kim, and I have been dieting for long time, not
getting anywhere.  Last August I started Atkins diet, and after about 3
weekd ended up in hospital with a kidney stone, got home from the
hospital, started Atkins again and was taken back to hospital with more
kidney problems.  Now I don't know if Atkins was the reason, one doctor
said yes, the other said no.  However, I was also diagnosed with cancer
in October, have had surgery and have since started chemo.  Not a
pleasant experience, but it gives me hope.

I saw the information of the paleolithic diet in the Woman's World and
started to research it and found this site.  Now, because I was on
Atkins, I am familiar with Neanderthin, although I have not read it so I
cannot state that I am fully aware of all of its contents.

The major question I guess I have is:  Does the Paleolithic diet result
in the person going into ketosis?  Because of the amount of problems I
have had with my kidneys it really makes me cautious.

Looking forward to your answers.

Thank you,

Kim