From:
Rob Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:27:21 -0500
> I looks like cells (also) react with less receptors (insulin resistance)
> when they are overfed in terms of protein and fat.

Low carb diets, exercise, and supplements such as alpha lipoic acid and GTF
chromium improve insulin sensitivity.  I'm not aware of protein and fat
contributing to insulin resistance.  Protein does cause an increase in
insulin, but not as much as high glycemic carbs.  And protein generates
glucagon production too (this may moderate insulin resistance).  Fat
generally has a negligible effect on insulin production.

> Hence they are refusing glucose intake if they are full of other main
> nutrients (protein and fat). Leading to a vicious circle.

Debatable.

> How can the cell overfed state be avoided, or at least be abolished for
> a certain time?
> Hmm hmm. A fasting day once a week? Definitely paleo.
> Longer no-food-pauses of a few hours once and again. Definitely paleo.

Yes, fasting improves insulin sensitivity.

Rob