Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 1999 12:54:46 -0500
~ Rainah ~ wrote:

> Hi all,
> Well it has been a month and a half of striaght paleo eating...coming
> from 27 years of vegetarian fare...I am having a few problems, thought
> maybe someone had some insight as to what might be going on, or cold
> possibly point me in a direction the would be helpful, here's the
> situation..I'm 50 years young..menopausal
> for 3 1/2 years...I used to have hot flashes when I first became
> menopausal, they lasted about a year and a half...I was real glad to see
> them go.  Well since I have been eating paleo they have returned with a
> vengence...
I am NOT suggesting that what I am about to describe is the same as your
condition (yours sounds rather serious), this is just a bit of personal
experience. I have started having hot flashes myself after being on
a low carb diet (not paleo at the time) and I am a male, 33 yo at the time
(35 now). These things come and go for me. As a coincindence, I am having
one right now. They usually happen in the winter time for me and there is
often a long period of time when I don't have any (months). Since they are
not associated with anything negative for me (just a rather interesting
sensation) I have never come to 'dread' them in any sense, though I did
get scared a bit the first time I got one.

Ilya