From:
Charles Castellow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 07:36:31 -0800
ABUSHDR writes...

> This is thought to be due to the antioxidant properties of the
constituents of
> the grape other than the alcohol per se. Further information can be
obtained
> by searching under "French paradox"

Actually the latest studies show similar benifits from MODERATE
beer consumption, so it's not just grapes.  (Don't anybody think
that I'm saying beer is paleo.  I'm afraid I can't possibly imagine
how I would make beer with a spear.)

It appears that many (not necessarily ABUSHDR) have moral objections
to any form of intoxicants.  Feel free to state your objections, but
don't expect to impose your belief systems onto everyone else.

-Charlie