From:
Padraig Hogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 2009 12:30:29 -0400
On Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:20:39 -0500, Robert Kesterson
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:05:46 -0500, Padraig Hogan
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> ...Humans don't hold onto fat well,
>
>An awful lot of them sure seem to...

I mean for the supposed famine times we went through. Some (fat) people
suggest that the reason they're fat is because they're instinctively building up
fat stores for famine times. However unlike bears and other animals, humans
are not designed for this. That's why a 130lbs man can water-fast for 40 days
and yet it would be extremely dangerous for a 200lbs man to try it... they lose
weight too quickly and it's too huge a shift.

>> I think these are just people with "metabolic syndrome" or whatever who
>> can't take sugar and be satisfied with small amounts of it.
>
>Maybe, but then what brings about the metabolic syndrome in the first
>place?  Seems we've come full circle...

The processed foods! It's from years of abuse of your insulin and adrenaline to
try to contain all that sugar. 180lbs people are not really natural phenomena,
they come about from eating processed sugars. Your blood sugar depends
nearly completely on how much you weigh and not much on the type of food
you eat.

Yes, maybe if you ate 200 apples every day you'd get a similar thing, but I
doubt you could eat that much anyway and I still would say nature probably
has some better way of adapting to it because of the fibre or something rather
than just an injection of sugar into your bloodstream and being supposed to
deal with it.