From:
Ashley Penney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:55:04 -0500
Hi,

I've been searching around for a good location to bulk buy meat from
near Boston, and while I've found a few places I thought I'd see if
anyone has any suggestions.  I was talking to a friend of mine who
buys his beef from ranchers direct, and claims to pay about $2 a lb,
after processing.  When you compare that to the $6-10 you pay in the
supermarket, it's clear i'm doing the complete wrong thing.  Do others
on the list bulk purchase meat, and does anyone have some good tips on
saving money because eating a fruit/vegetable/meat diet can get
expensive quickly!

(The mail prompted by the $40 5lb ham my wife just bought!)

Thanks,