From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:17:58 -0400
On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 08:40, Brenda Young wrote:

I just checked out my jug of milk and there is no reference to either type A1 or A2 on it.
How does one know which type they are getting?

Love,
Bren

>Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote: This appears to be quite important for those who
>have some degree of intolerance to milk and for
>those concerned to prevent type 1 diabetes.
>
>Here's the URL:
>http://www.abc.net.au/rn/perspective/stories/2007/2050183.htm#transcript

<snip>

>But you can buy A2 milk in the supermarket. It is
>available in more than 1000 supermarkets and stores
>across Australia. Just look around, you'll find it.

>Publication title: Devil in the Milk
>Author: Keith Woodford
>Publisher: craig potton publishing
>ISBN 978 1 877333 70

The labeling and availability of A1 and A2 milk refers to Australia and New Zealand. I don't
know which country you live in, but if I were you I'd do two things:

(1) Check the labels on all the milk available at a range of supermarkets and health food
stores (you might even be lucky enough to find unpasturized milk!)

(2) If you have no luck there, order the book, learn more about it and then become an
activist - seeking out sources, demanding labeling, recommending the book to others.

The book is available here:

http://www.craigpotton.co.nz/products/published/books/bookgeneralnonfiction/devilinthemilk

I should let you know that - naturally given the massive vested interests involved and
regardless of the truth - there is much controversy around the A1 and A2 milk idea. See
here:

http://stuff.co.nz/thepress/4208013a12935.html

I can't and don't vouch for its accuracy or legitimacy, but I was impressed by the author's
evolutionary explanation, which fits all the facts as I know them. It also provides a possible
explanation of the evidence Loren Cordain found in his recent excoriation of milk and milk
products.

Keith