From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 18:47:50 -0600
>ps I find a lot of what Enig and Fallon have to say to be fascinating
>and very valuable, but seriously question some of their ideas.

I agree, Hilary.  For example, they are both pro animal fat.  But if someone
can't afford grass-fed meat or wild game (i.e. me) they may want to avoid
excess animal fat which can be chock full of hormones; remember the message
from someone who sees radical menstrual changes in the wake of meat?
Another friend of mine, a physician who successfully treats diabetes and
heart disease with the paleo diet, uses as little saturated fat as possible
and it works.  I take everything with a grain of salt.  But don't
misunderstand me!  The other 90% of what Enig and Fallon have to say is
gospel by my standards.

By the way, I'm in line to get some elk meat from a hunter friend of mine;
we'll see if it makes a difference!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO