From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 12:29:14 -0700
I don't think I missed the point at all, Keith. I have wondered what people look like after years of paleo.  I understand we all have to factor in personal genetics, personal practice as variables.  At least when I started this whole crazy trip, Ray was out there posing in a loincloth with a spear for the Dallas interview.  Now that really seemed honest to me.   I rarely post much to this list, but when I do its usually not trivial girl talk. I never really agreed with Cordain's approach to Paleo.   I would die if I ate diet plan in  his earlier books, and yes I did read them cover to cover when I wasn't having a blonde moment.  .....skinless low fat meat and steamed veggies with lots of fruit????  I hardly think our ancestors lived off the South Beach version of paleo.    I am not a bubble head and don't read celebrity mags, or if I do its while I'm waiting to check out my meat ladened cart at the grocery store....LOL.

I was farily tongue in check when I posted, and if you re-read my post you will see I anticipated backlash before my fingers even pressed  the send button  So, I guess I sort of asked for it....

And really, to be completely honest and serious for a moment -  I do want to know that a lifestyle to which  I devote so much energy, which socially isolates me at times and dictates how I live  will deliver the goods when I'm 61.  Isn't that common sense?  Why else are we doing paleo?  Philosophy only goes so far.   Shouldn't people who put themselves on the line in the public eye who write books and give lectures,  delivering research that they hope will turn our head to their direction be role models to a certain extent?

Best,
Batsheva