From:
"Cooley, Brad" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:53:09 -0500
monetary benefit regardless of the cost to them was NEVER the paleo way.

That's the industrial way.  All hunting peoples that we know about
treated the animals they killed with the utmost respect.  They believed
that the animals had spirits too, no less "valuable" than ours, just
different.<<<<

This is simply not true (depending on your definition of "respect").
There are many instances of HG tribes overhunting, mistreating animals
and other humans, etc.  Also, they would typically hunt down the
smallest, weakest, and/or sickest animal as it was the easiest to kill.
It seems that people want to eat only animals that are of peak health
when this is not necessarily a prerequisite for one's own health.

Brad