From:
Jane Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:44:51 -0700
Hi, Bruce!

Unfortunately for me, I do not think in metric terms, so I am not sure
about what you are saying here.  I did get hung up on your statement, "100
gm fat is not as satisfying as a kilo of chicken breast."  I think this is
a metabolism issue.  I seem to have a strong Hunter-Gatherer metabolism, so
for me, white meat (breast) is nowhere as satisfying as dark meat (leg),
which is nowhere as satisfying as red meat (the redder, the better).  I
think the satisfaction quotient is about meeting a body's individual
metabolic needs more than just the number of calories, or in my case, the
sheer quantity of food.  I can be full and still hungry (not
satisfied).  Without enough fat, I am *very* cranky.  Dietary political
correctness be hanged.

Jane
Tucson, AZ  USA