From:
A Gryphon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 10:36:09 -0400
If you like Give Your Dog a Bone, check his newer book, Grow Your Pups With
Bones. He's simplified the diet, and eliminated all the grains. He's now
very anti-grain. In the new book, he talks about breeding healthier dogs by
feeding better diets and how a lot of the orthopedic problems blamed on
heredity have more to do with commercial food. He is now working on a book
on ALL diseases caused by feeding dogs commercial foods.

I've been feeding my dog according to Billinghurst for over a year now and
the results are great!

Here's another site with lots of good info on feeding animals a species
appropriate diet:

http://www.zeta.org.au/~lonsdale/Default.html

And as for his views on human diet, last year Dr Billinghurst did an AOL
chat to discuss his new book. Someone mentioned that maybe getting their dog
healthy would be good motivation to improve their own diet. Dr Billinghurst
replied:

<< that is the hidden agenda to my book - humans end up changing their own
diet
 We and the dogs should be eating fish, fowl, animals and vegies - no
grain>>

So I'd say he's with the program!

Irene