From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:20:19 -0500
On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 11:12:42 +1300, Bridget Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hi Philip,
>I've got a question for you. Do you use a cyclic ketogenic diet in
>conjunction with your weight lifting schedule? Are you specifically in
>ketosis at all, or do you just eat a mainly meat diet.

I maintain a consistent mainly meat diet (about 75-80% meat)
-- I don't do any cyclic variations, except on days I lift heavy weights
I add some more vegetables.

>I was really
>wondering if it is necesary to carb-up to build muscles, or can you just
>eat
>a paleo, high protein diet, which I do anyway.

I don't think you need to carb-load; just add some denser
vegetables like carrots and turnips in addition to leafy greans,
celery, onions, etc.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com