From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 18:25:07 -0700
At 8:18 5/28/03, Evelyn McWilliams wrote:
>I have meat and non-starch vegetables at lunch and dinner. Fruit only for
>breakfast. Lots of coffee in between, to give me energy.
>
>The protein component at lunch seems to cause some digestive difficulty
>(feels like a brick in the stomach for hours afterwards). Meat at dinner
>is not a problem.
>
>Are there other cavemates, possible ex-vegetarians, who found the same
>difficulty? Solutions?
>
>(Apart from the difficulty digesting protein at lunch, I feel miles better
>eating paleo and would be prepared to put up with the temporary
>discomfort, if necessary.)
>
>Evelyn

You have given us, and yourself, some major clues here: You should not need
coffee if your food is the right kind at the right time. Protein for
breakfast, even in small amounts, will give you an adequate energy level
until your next meal. You are running on cortisol by the time you eat real
food, from the coffee and fruit sugar, and you can't digest anything well
in that state. Reorganize your intake a bit, and you should feel better in
the mornings, more evenly energetic during the day, and able to digest a
reasonable amount of protein with ease.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!