From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 09:12:25 -0800
On Saturday, Apr 2, 2005, at 07:55 US/Pacific, freebyrd wrote:

> Should I worry about the 75 gram protein thing right now when starting
> out,
> or just try to make the change to Paleo without thinking in
> measurements to
> start off.

You've gotten good advice, Lynn. I think the important thing now is to
get rid of the worst foods in your diet, and eat plenty, so as not to
feel deprived at this stage. Don't feel you have to fill up on veggies,
but allow yourself as much as you need to feel satiated of meat and
fat. For me, at 140 pounds, this is still quite a lot, with 6-8 eggs
and a pound or more of meat daily. I hold my weight well at this, and
any less makes me hungry. I spent an awful lot of my life dieting, and
won't go there any more:)

I think that as soon as you get free of all the grains and most dairy,
that you will automatically lose a lot of weight, mostly water that
your body has retained because of the toxic nature of the grains, but
also fat, as your insulin regulation changes. Fat is stored mainly in
the presence of carbohydrate, and unless you eat way too much meat and
fat, you will not deposit fat readily on this regime.

So, don't starve yourself; just look at this as a healthy and permanent
way of eating, and get used to it slowly and comfortably. You'll feel
so much better it will become a pleasure to stick to it.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!