From:
Frances Ross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:21:04 +0100
>------------------------------
>
>Date:    Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:37:11 -0700
>From:    Tad Glines <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Bacteria!
>
>> Wally Day wrote:
>>
>> It's interesting to note that human milk normally contains free =
>glutamates
>> (avg. of 22 mg/100g milk).
>
>That's interesting. Could you provide the source for that info. I'd like =
>read more.
>
>-Tad

All food contains some level of free glutamate. When the free glutamate comes
in a whole food form then it is balanced with all the necessary vits and
minerals so the body metabolises it properly. Even cooking your meat will free
more glutamate. The problem with free glutamate comes about when a body has
been eating processed foods with added MSG's (a typical SAD diet). It
completely unbalances the excitory and inhibitory neurotransmitters. And can
stimulate nerve cells above and beyond what they were intended for. Bringing
in all sorts of disease states such as heart arrhythmias, asthma, miagraine,
seizures, dementia etc. After a long time it will stimulate them to death as
in the brain with stroke and dementias - where glutamate levels are noted to
be very high and why they prescribe glutamate blocking drugs as in seizure
etc. As the body becomes more unbalanced then even free glutamate in normal
whole foods will cause a reaction in those who have over done it in the past.
The only way back is to avoid it in its highest forms and focus on a GABA
related type diet. One that stimulates the body to produce more GABA from
glutamine. Good food choices are liver, parsely, green veggies, red meat etc.

So a baby would not be damaged by free glutamate in its mothers milk, unless
its mother was eating a very unbalanced diet.

So if one follows a paleo diet then any damage is undone (and raw would
certainly be better) so long as you don't eat deli meats, supermarket chickens
(injected with proteins and water) etc and processed veggies and meals - even
if they have paleo main ingredients). But what paleo ancestor would have eaten
**** like this?

Paleo should not just be about not eating grains beans and dairy. It should
also be about not eating preservatives, additives, flavour enhancers,
pesticides etc - cause lets face it even the human race a hundred years ago
were not eating them - and hence why the disease states have continued to
multiply a hundred fold. . And interestingly enough most supplements are
loaded with all these modern preservatives, mixers and fillers, and shiny
coats etc to make them slide down more easily. None of it adds up to any good
in the long run.

Fran