From:
Judy Denham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 May 2003 02:17:13 +0000
I also recently had my cholesterol tested. I was happy because after paleo
eating for almost 4 months, my LDL and triglycerides are down quite a bit.
As well I've lost 17 pounds. My tg/hdl is .45 so it doesn't look like I'm in
too much danger of a heart attack.  For the first time, the blood report
listed a range of values that were acceptable depending on what your risk of
heart disease is.  Since my risk factors are low, my LDL is now quite
acceptable although my doctor has in the past tried to get me to take
cholesterol lowering medications. Of course I refused.

What I'd now like to see is a test of what kind of LDL one has as I
understand that some kinds are more harmful than others.

I have never had any doctor mention insulin either although you'd think it
would be the first thing they'd think of.

Rob, have you been eating much saturated fat? I'm convinced that some people
cannot eat a lot of it and have a low LDL value as well.  I've been trying
to limit mine (not eliminate it altogether) although I do eat eggs every day
as our hens are laying so well.

Judy