From:
Adam Sroka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:36:17 -0600
Keith Thomas wrote:
> I don't eat ham, sausages or
> any processed meat.
I wish you wouldn't lump sausage in there. There is a great variety to
what we call sausage, and some of it is very good. There is, obviously,
a difference between a slim jim and fresh sausage from a butcher
(Preferably one who uses only pastured, grass-fed meat and doesn't use
any fillers. A good butcher will be quite up front with you about what
they put in there.) In fact, fresh sausage contains many parts of the
animal that you might otherwise ignore in a very palatable presentation.
These are things that our paleo ancestors almost certainly consumed even
if they didn't present it in exactly the same way.