From:
Greg Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 03:11:32 -0500
> I am intrigued by just how many paleo's on this list are
> recovering-vegetarians/vegans.
>
> Very interesting.  (just thought I'd comment.)

Not just on this list.  This evening I discovered that a fellow in my
Wing Chun class is paleo.  He told me he was veg for 6 years before
being converted by Ray himself a couple of years ago.  Apparently he was
working for Whole Foods and was approached to carry the books in the
stores.  He agreed to that, and to have Ray do a book signing.  He told
me about how Ray finally got banned from WF after grabbing and eating
raw liver with his bare hands from behind the deli counter, to make a
point I presume.  <g>  Quite amusing but probably old news to most here.

-Greg in Austin, TX