From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:49:31 -0800
Clarified butter and Ghee are a bit different.

In making clarified butter, the proteins come to the top and are skimmed
off.

In making Ghee, the proteins are not skimmed. They remain in the butter
and oxidize, creating more of a nutty flavor.

I am not sure that clarified butter or ghee would be safe if I am
extremely dairy intolerant. If I find that my allergies get better
without butter, then I will try re-introducing butter in the form of
clarified butter and see what happens.

(Recognizing that butter is *not* paleo.)

--Richard