From:
Mateja Mikek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 11:09:44 +0200
Hello everybody!

This is my first post to this list thus a short introduction is in
order. But
before I start, let me apologize in advance for my poor english and any
grammatical/spelling or other mistakes I (will) make. I'm a student of
computer
science and as such, foreign languages are not my strong point.

I have been reading the archives of this list for more than a year now
and I have
been on paleo for about a year now. I'm not fanatically strict when it
comes to the
choice of foods, but I try to form my menu according to the general
guidelines of
paleodiet (above all no dairy or grains, I eat meat, fruit and
vegetables, but not
nuts).

Before I adopted this WOE, I was bitter, grim, always in a bad mood, in
terrible
physical shape, had cold hands and feet and never felt like exercising.
All this
has changed now - I even *want* to exercise. The paleodiet has not
solved all my
problems (I am still a bit overweight), but it has sure made my life a
lot better. I feel HEALTHY. :-)

My questions:
1)  Is cocoa (powder) considered paleo?
2)  I while ago, carob was mentioned in this list and is an ingredient
in one (or
more) of the recipes in paleo recipe collection.... I'm a bit confused -
is carob
not a legume?
(see http://www.anu.edu.au/Forestry/wood/nwfp/carob/carob.html)
Is it paleo or not?
3)  Everyone here says, how brain is a rich source of  w3 fatty acids,
but USDA
nutrient database says there aren't any w3 acids there. For instance -
beef brain:
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/list_nut.pl
Where could one find more info on this?

Thanks in advance for your answers.