From:
Justin Hasselman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:12:09 CDT
I know that a good quality, free-range meat is the best choice for eating
meat raw b/c parasites & bacteria are minimal. But are there any choices I
could make a the grocery store that would be safe?  What type of meat and
what cut?

I was thinking no pork (trichinosis) or chicken (salmonilla).  But what
about red meat?  Any known parasites or bacteria?  If so, isn't it mainly
from the handling/processing of the meat?  So, what about an eye round
steak?

Now for some meat questions.  BTW, there is supposed to be a new meat
labeling policy implemented sometime in the near future.  Now, all meat will
be labeled for fat, protein, etc.  This is good for me b/c I've always gone
with the leaner cuts, even though it contradicts paleo purism.

At my grocery store, I noticed that none of the pork cuts were lean.  I've
heard that eye round steak is just as lean as chicken breast - is that true?
  What about just regular round steak (not the eye cut)?  Isn't eye-round
steak the leanest cut of red meat available?

Let's say a serving of red meat is about 1 deck of cards.  How many grams of
creatine are in this?  If it's even just a few, then eye round steak would
be an optimal choice for fat loss during a low calorie diet.  During
dieting, the body reduces T4 to T3 conversion by the liver b/c ATP stores
are low.  But, even though the body is on low calories, if it gets ATP from
creatine, it may be a way to 'trick' your body into preventing thyroid down
regulation.  Any thoughts?

Oh, and 1 other thing.  Has anyone tried L-tyrosine as a supplement?  I've
heard that it reduces appetited by stimulating adrenaline - to what extent?

Thanks for the help,
xx Justin xx