From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 17:25:18 -0700
Type 2 is completely eliminated symptoms-wise through diet in almost all
cases.

Type 1 = no insulin being made in your body. You always need insulin
supplemented, no matter what your diet, although LC cuts the need for
insulin and dramatically controls damage such as neuropathy.

Type 2 = lots of insulin being made, your body is maxed out on insulin,
your pancreatic tissues can't make any more and your cells, awash in
insulin, have stopped being sensitive to it.

Best book for type 2 diabetes is Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution by
Robert Atkins, and Protein Power by Eades and Eades. Type 2
diabetes/obesity/heart disease goes by the term Syndrome X and are all
tied together...too many carbs, bad genetics. All controlled/cured
through low carb diet. Ditto some forms of mental illness. ADHD?

--Richard

--
javacomponents.com by Plexstar, Inc.
Your One Stop shop for Java(tm) components (sm)

See http://www.javacomponents.com for information and demos

voice 818 996 7115
fax   818 996 5433
email mailto:[log in to unmask]