From:
Fawn Bales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 12:33:09 -0500
>Well, I tend to suspect that females like the shapes signaling
prosperity
>and power in men as well. ;-)

YES WE DO!!!  I think it's the triangular shape from shoulder to hip.

>That's a good reason for males to be present for her offspring and for
>females to select well shaped partners (with more than just sperm).

I agree completely.  Males are necessary parents for human offspring.
They are good for providing, protecting, and nurturing females during
pregancy and nursing years and for teaching offspring when they are
older.  Human males are wonderful creatures, much gentler than
previously given credit for, and lately, much underappreciated.

Women are often thought heartless for preferring good providers, but
it's just a survival instinct, same as men preferring a woman with a
"healthy" shape.  Nothing wrong with it.

>And for the big breast to signal a real good property for a man
>to benefit his offspring: More DHA for a smarter brain.
>If the size was only ment to work as an attraction signal, btw,
>why should they enlarge in the lactation period?

That does make sense, as humans survive on our smarts.  Certainly not on
our size, fierceness, or natural fighting capability. :) (We're good at
running away, I understand.  Good thing for tall trees and opposable
thumbs, too!)

Fawn