From:
JoAnn Betten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:55:16 -0500
>   How is your weight on lo-carb, paleo?  I do the diet to lose weight
>and to avoid the misery of insulin resistance hunger.  Have you lost?

        last year at this time, i weighed 172 (after 7 years as a
lowfat-eating vegetarian!).  i went on Atkins last February, and lost 12
pounds the first month, then nothing at all for 2 more months.  i was very
discouraged, and i heard about NeanderThin on the low-carb list, so i
decided to switch to NeanderThin, to try to break the plateau.
        i went on NeanderThin in May '97, and since then i have lost 30 more
pounds, i hit 130 at the beginning of December, and this seems to be about
my steady weight (i'm 5'9").  i like NeanderThin much better than Atkins, i
can live quite well without the dairy, and i enjoy the fruit instead.
        my next goal is to quit smoking.  i've been totally paleo, except
for sucking in a pack of menthol cigarettes a day (most decidely UN-paleo).
so last week, i quit.  this was remarkably easier than i had expected, i'm
sure being off carbs helps cut the cravings.  so far, i am still holding my
weight steady (after recovering from last week's Onion Soup Incident).  it's
been 5 days without a smoke, and it's not too bad.

JoAnn.