From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:43:12 -0400
On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Dori Zook wrote:

> Todd,
>
> Okay, you're really raising my eyebrows with this plan.  If I remember
> correctly, you gave a brief outline of the yes/no list in the recent past.
> Was it the full list?  Could you post a full list for the lazy (and cheap)
> among us?  I'll try anything once (and the fun things twice!).

It was almost a full list.

Here it is again: 3 meals, comprising any meats in any quantity,
except for processed or cured meats, which contain sugar.  At
each meal a non-meat "second course" is allowed (not required),
which consists of an "ordinary portion" of *one* of the
following: potatoes, rice, banana, pear, grapefruit (half), sweet
potatoes, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, watermelon.  You can
use butter or other oils.  Coffee and tea (without cream or
sugar) are permitted.  If you want alcohol, use only distilled
spirits.

That's the whole thing.  If you omit the potatoes, rice, and
coffee, and substitute coconut oil for the butter, it's paleo.

> I don't know about eggs, but if you're out to lose weight, just saying 'no'
> to nuts is a great idea; they're calorically dense and you can suck down
> nearly 1000 calories in the blink of an eye with a bowl of nuts nearby.

That's true.  Like Ray and Troy, Anchell insists that calories
don't matter; I remain skeptical.  The omission of eggs is
incomprehensible, although he specifically says that they will
interfere with weight loss on this plan.

> Thanks in advance for helping me out and if it works, you KNOW I'll let the
> list know.

It's always interesting to compare notes.  If it works, maybe we
can figure out *why* it works.

Todd Moody