From:
Persephone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 01:04:27 -0500
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:45:11 -0500, Paleogal <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I have the same irritability until about the fifth day and then I'm
fine.  I
>think it might be ketosis for both of you that causes the irritability.
Once
>I'm in ketosis I feel great.  Oliva

I think you're onto something there. When I was younger, I used to go on
complete water fasts. I'd feel dreadful until about the fourth day. Once
my glycogen stores had been used up I'd experiance the 'ketosis high'.

It was peculiar the way all hunger seemed to disappear then too. On my
paleo diet, I've not taken my carbs low enough to attain ketosis, but the
benefits seem to be there nontheless.

I might try reaching ketosis as an experiment and see if it has a
beneficial effect on my mood. The trouble is that I'm feeling quite
content just now, so maybe I'd better wait until Winter!

Cheers,

Persephone