Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 22:28:44 -0500
Patty Clark wrote:

> Ilya wrote:
> > > PATTY:   You want tumors?  How about the total intestinal blockage
> > > tumor of the pancreas my father died of due to celiac disease?  At age
> > > 89, of course.  In a hunter-gatherer society he would have been
> > > thought to have died of old age.
> > How do you suppose he would get celiac if he was eating paleo?
> > You are either contradicting yourself or plain don't know what paleo
> > dieting is about. "In a hunter-gatherer society he would have" never
> > eaten any appreciable amounts of grains in the first place.
> >
> > Ilya
>
> You said no tumors had been reported.  I reported one.
First, I said no such thing - somebody else did. I merely responded to
your message where you give an example of a person having a tumor due
to celiac desease. Well, as far as I know you have to eat gluten to
have celiac, that is you are not eating paleo. In your message you
said 'in a hunter-gatherer society he would have been thought to have
died of old age.' He would not have celiac desease in a hunter-gatherer
society. Thus no tumor due to celiac either.

Ilya