From:
Lynda Bryson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:44:52 -0700
"AllCreatures" (this person did not sign his/her post)
sent a post to the list that began as follows:

<<<<<<Date:    Sat, 16 Sep 2000 02:09:18 EDT
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bear-misunderstood post

In response this post:

Date:    Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:01:13 -0700
From:    Lynda Bryson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Nature and cruelty

<<You know, for some one who is so upset at the idea
that you must kill meat in order to eat it, you may be
happier taking your delicate sensibilities
elsewhere...>>

<snip>

I didn't write the above quote, nor did I write the
following quotes which "AllCreatures" also commented
on as if I'd written them:

<<Must you post the same thing three seperate times?
Is this to give the impression of an outcry of
protest??  Do you know where you are? >>

<snip>

<<The term "PETA plant" pops to mind.>>

<snip>

By including the header from my E-mail it appears I
wrote all of the quotes to which "AllCreatures"
responded, when in fact the above listed quotes were
written by other list members and included in my
"Nature and cruelty" post as reference points for my
response.

It would help to avoid any misunderstandings about who
wrote what if in the future "AllCreatures" would use
the netiquete practice of omitting the E-mail header
on a message that includes quotes from other
subscribers in order to comment on each quote.

Lynda Bryson