From:
Jose Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:15:28 -0500
Hi

I don't know if the subject title is an expression with any meaning
whatsoever in English. But what I have on my mind is this: foods that,
albeit paleo, must be used or handled with caution. Are there any such
foods?

I know and have followed myself several nutritional systems. Many of them
warn against the use of certain foods. They tell you that it's ok to eat
them, but only in moderation or only under certain circumstances. I have
never seen anything of the sort (no such advice) in paleo. Or maybe I
haven't read enough yet.

This has nothing to do with occasional cheats, such as goat's cheese or
pumpernickel that a few bolder paleos may eat once in a blue moon. I am
talking about foods that are essentially paleo but must be used with
caution.

Actually I've read posts warning against lean meats or too much protein in
your diet, but these were so to say rather officious warnings.

Maybe nuts also fall into this category. They are certainly paleo, but
lots of people have difficulty digesting them. Or maybe cooked foods in
general?

Briefly, my question is this: what paleo foods, if any, must be used with
parsimony? And why?

If such foods really exist, this might show an internal contradiction of
paleo, but I think that it's quite healthy for any system (or philosophy
or whatever) to contain contradictions. That's a way for them to become
more humanlike.

JC