Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:38:14 -0400
And complicated. There is an amazing amount of knowledge on this list. Thank you to all who share it!

First, I want to make clear: I feel really good (almost 3 weeks in). My motivation to start this journey was the hope of feeling better, not necessarily vanity. Of course, if I lost weight, that alone would also help me to feel better.

Except for the very first, there is not a decade of my life that I wasn't dieting. Now I find myself on a new "diet"  paleo, and I'm enjoying the food, and feeling guiltY about it. My head is so screwed up, I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong because I'm too damn happy.

I've read Ray's book and I'm just digging into The Paleo Answer. Trying hard to understand the best approach. I saw someone refer to "purists."  I'm not 100% sure what that means. I do see lots and lots on the web. All sorts of sites with recipes and advice, and I see a lot of leeway in some of the food. It's confusing. And as I said: Complicated.
All I know is, I, thankfully managed to dodge the diabetes bullet (so far) so it's not blood sugar I worry about - its losing weight and continuing to feel better (heel my body). I'm looking for the best way to do that. So far, I have stopped using sugar, coffee, wheat and all grains, dairy and legumes. Is that enough?

Elle

PS: A note on Pemmican. A million years ago when I first wanted to try Pemmican but was afraid of how complicated it was to make. Someone I knew only from a low carb list sent me some that she had made.  It arrived in a grease stained envelope. It was good! So now, still thinking it was too big a challenge I ordered some online. Huge disappointment. I guess someday when I retire I'll buy a dehydrator and go for it.

Sent from my iPhone