Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 21:50:40 -0800
>It is interesting to note that, of all animal species only we humans
>continue to drink milk past the point of weaning.

As Tonto said to the Lone Ranger, "What do you mean WE, white man"?

And why is this particularly interesting? Humans also have a
penchant for opiate drugs, cocaine, white sugar, milk,
alcohol, tobacco and many, many other things that are known
and proven to cause serious health problems.

>  All philosophical
>arguments aside about the pros vs. the cons of doing so, a simple fact
>remains: We are the only species that has developed the technology to do so.

But you don't seem to get that technology cannot provide the
answer to why humans eat & live self-destructively. Ray, Todd
and some others on this list are primarily philosophers: the Paleo
WOL/WOE is the philosophical core, backed by some degree of scientific
theorization, for a non-technological solution-by-advoidance/
reversion. It brings Man's wonderful inventiveness down quite
a few notches when it's pointed out that GM soyabeans,
butterfly-killing corn, terminator-tech grains and
BST-induced milk are good for nothing, and for valid reasons.

>Robyn (MS anthropology, University of Chicago, 1979)

Please don't go throwing your title around. It's in bad taste,
pretentious, and weakens your overall argument.