From:
Bruce Kleisner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:24:33 -0400
Hi Tom [Bridgeland],

> > TB is prevalent among groups that are malnourished. Lack
> > of meat and fat usually = malnourishment.
>
> Good point. I wonder how a modern low fat diet, otherwise
> sufficient in nutrients, would affect things.

A low-fat diet naturally contains insuficient nutrients, unless
one takes supplements (non-paleo solution). Fat-soluble vitamins
and the fat (esp saturated) that helps us use them are absent on
a low-fat regime. We evolved to eat 25-35% protein, by calories,
according to Loren Cordain and other paleo researchers. Eating
animal protein without at least twice as much animal fat causes
protein toxicity. We can't correct this with supplements while
avoiding fat. We need to eat foods with plenty of saturated fat
and cholesterol - red meat, poultry, seafood, organ meats, bone
marrow, unsalted raw butter, and coconut fat.

-Bruce