From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 04:23:16 GMT
Some time ago, I was looking through some threads on a Native American
Cooking message board and I noticed a thread called "cooking puppy".
Some*one* had posted a "recipe" for "cooking puppies" that she had
found in
some NA "cookbook". She opened the post with "eeeewwwww...."
It turns out that her post, both it's ignorant, condescending tone and
it's
blatant "recipe", had taken a most sacred cerimony of one particular
People
completely out of context and absolutely insulted a large number of
people
on that particular board.
The point isn't about eating the dogs, it's about any sacred ceremony.

Nearly every culture's past has a history of actual or symbolic
cannibalism,
including the consumption of Holy Communion as the body of Christ.
Often
actual or symbolic cannibalism was/is practiced for religious reasons.

To discuss cannibalism so casually here is, if you will pardon the
expression, in bad taste. It would be most considerate if people would
keep
that in mind here.
And thank you Julie K for your most eloquent post on this subject
which
appeared earlier.
Stacie

You mean it isn't????????????
OH GOSH! <burp> I dodn't know...honest. After all, it
IS paleo!
Kevin