From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:05:32 -0700
 >What did you eat when you did it? and did you lose any weight?

Hmmmmm, I'm not sure I should answer this.  Before discovering Paleo, I did
it with macadamia nuts and that Atkins chocolate deal (melted butter, egg
yolks, cocoa and stevia).  I still concoct that basic concept from time to
time but use a nut oil vs. butter which isn't thaaaat far off.  I can't see
how carob is any closer to Paleo than ground cocoa and carob, in comparison,
simply sucks so I use the real thing.  It ain't killed me yet and I rarely
even go there so please, no one take me to task.

My thought is this -- if 1,000 calories of just fat works, why not stick
with the same basic caloric intake (give or take a few) with adequate
protein, ultra-low-carb veggies and fat to taste within the caloric
restrictions?  Which does work, but I'm impatient, too.  I'm going to ask my
doc friend about an occasional full-day fast of only water and see what he
says.  If ever we find the time to hang and chat, I'll gladly pass his input
along.

Unfortunately, at this given moment, I'm unable to get too picky in how much
I eat and have to all but fight over what.  And over the last few months, my
kitchen (whole &%$# house, actually) has been in a state of disrepair known
as (insert echo effect) hoooooome immmmmmproooooovemennnnnnt!  I didn't have
a fully-functional kitchen until the day before I left!  So my plan is to go
nuts and work hard at it the day I get back 'cuz I finally CAN.

Since I mentioned being back home, allow me to say that while I love maw and
paw, I look forward to getting out of here.  I'm surrounded by teased hair,
polyester pull-on pants and NASCAR bumber stickers on American-made giant
trucks, including dog boxes in the back.  They just cain't 'MAGINE me not
eating some co'n bread (corn bread) with mah bah-be-cue and no fries?  Well,
Sug, those is the best part!  I'm stuck in a bad Calgon commercial and can't
get out!  Don't even ask what I did when I passed the huge Pat Robertson
poster in Norfolk International Airport.  Not on this list, anyway! ;)

Dori